Monday, February 2, 2009

Decision Made

Ok, I have made my mind up. I'm going to do it! Even though I have a little bit of fear about the decision I am confident it is the right one. Everything seems to me pulling me in that direction.
I have sat down and gone through all the logistics that I can think of and I believe I can make it work.
I'm going to give myself to the end of February to get things sorted. Then I am going to live off grid until May, go over to the USA and do Camp America, come back to Australia in in the beginning of October and properly stay in the local caravan park until I sort out what I want to do next.
I have Grassroot Venture activities and camps on most weekends until I leave for the US so I will stay out bush during the week, only coming in when needed, do my activities and camps on the weekend, find somewhere to stay Saturday night so I can do Cub Scouts on Mondays, Then head off again.
I've organized a place for my dog to stay while I need to work (coz at the moment I still need money to pay off debt and my US ticket). I'm going to sell all my belongings except those with strong sentimental value such as photos and memorabilia – I'm organizing for them go into storage. I've worked out other logistics of how I would be able to do things, what I will need and I have even worked out a way of being able to still use my laptop. I need my laptop to take bookings for my activities and camps and to organize things. I have won a 200 watt inverter for my laptop which plugs straight into my cigarette lighter of my car – just need to find the money to pay for it.
It's going to be a massive learning curve. I've got a few weeks now to get things sorted and sell everything. I wonder how many people have done the same as what I am doing now? It makes sense even financially in this economic recession. Sociologically it is more like we are designed to live – as we where never meant to live our lives in the way society is currently structured, working our lives away to make money to – live! Thats what I don't get..... We are so dependent on money to sustain normal life it is ridicules. Money has no real value except that which we place on it. In a way it is only imaginary, a man made credit used to..... control people.
I feel rather liberated by the idea now of going off grid – however I think I do have to find another word for it as 'going off grid' doesn't feel just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment