Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sorry Correction - ONLY 5 days!

In my last entry I said I had 10 days left when really I only had 7 because I have a 4 day hike along the Bibbulmun Track from Harris Dam to Possum Springs over the weekend which would have been my last. So technically that hike will be my transcendence from the urban to the rewild lifestyles.
Today I have 5 days until the journey begins. I had my last garage sale and get rid of as much as I could unfortunately people didn't really want to come out to garage sales today because it was rather hot so I have been left with no choice but to put all the items on the road side and put up a signs saying 'Free ONO' – Some of my cubs parents come down and took a lot of it which was good because I know they needed it and the lady who will helping me out by looking after my dog when I need to work got a dishwasher out of it. I had completely forgotten I had it as it has lived in the shed for many many months.
Today has been an interesting day emotional wise. I have been reminiscing a lot especially when items from my childhood where given away. I made a total of $20 out of all of todays sales but I wasn't selling if for the money. I just need to rid of the stuff and break the mental connections with materialism but I was glad that some of it when to the people I know because I guess in the back of my mind it wasn't completely going away in that aspect as if a stranger had taken it.
I think today people realized that for me this is a reality – that I am actually doing it. I also get the impression that people have been talking about it and in a sense some are trying to intervene to 'help me'. I have had so many offers to come over for dinner its not funny – I will however take them up on those offers. I know that if it gets to much or I become ill then I can pull out anytime because I have that network there which will help me. A lot of people think I am stupid. I don't really blame them for that but they don't understand the way I see things.
5 days – wow that has court up to me very quickly. I am looking forward to this hike and I guess its fate that it falls on the days that it does because I am using this as a rebirth and to step out on my journey on the right food, nice and steady and guided.

No comments:

Post a Comment