Monday, February 9, 2009

Wheels are in Motion!

Over the weekend I held a garage sale to start selling my stuff, which was harder then I first thought. I got rid of a few of my bigger things such as my bed and my couches but as I dig through a lot of my other stuff I find I have a lot of useless stuff. Things that I don't even know why I have kept them. I could only imagine what other people collect over the years. My recycling bin is so full I can hardly move it.
While doing the garage sale I was listening to the news reports coming in about the lives lost in the fires over in Victoria. 35 confirmed dead – this was the first I had heard of the fires as I don't have a TV and I only really read the local news papers.
Finally back to Cub Scouts tonight – gees I have missed it however I think the school holidays made a few of them feral but it will not take long till they become good little Cub Scouts again. One of the Joey Scouts (the section below Cubs) said that he knew some of the people who lost their homes in the Victorian fires and that we should do something to help them. I then asked Norma (our group leader) about what happened with the fires as I didn't know. She explained to me that the death toll is expected to be over 200 people. I couldn't believe it! That is a lot of people. Our Scout Group is planning to do a bit of fund raising to help some of the people who are left behind after the fires. I guess it reminds us that Mother Nature has a power far beyond what we could ever understand, even though the fires where deliberately lit. I was court up in the Bush Fires of Australia Day a few years ago and I understand the ruthless power of wildfire. It was one of the scariest days of my life.
Anyways – thats another story.
I will try again to get rid of a few more things this coming weekend however if I am unsuccessful I will just give it all away and give people the option of making a donation. Who knows they may be feeling generous. I sent an email today giving my 21 days notice to my real estate – so that is kind of the confirming commitment that I am actually going to do this. The funny thing with the garage sale is that one of the very first things that I sold was my bed. I'm currently sleeping on a 'blow up bed' which deflates itself by the time morning breaks, leaving me sleeping on the hard wooden floor boards. I guess its weening me into permanently sleeping on the ground.
The wheels are in motions and I am rather looking forward to it - No turning back now!

No comments:

Post a Comment