Thursday, February 26, 2009

One more night

Tonight is the last night – scary! Tomorrow I venture out on a 4 day hike with 6 kids and when I return the plan is to be nomadic. However I am kind of behind on packing and cleaning my house so I may need to stay a night or so when I return to get it finished.
The hike will be a good introduction and be like a reborn. I know that its going to very very tiring and fingers crossed it doesn't take too long to recover from it. I spent most of today doing emergency response plans, ration packs and organising the final logistics maily to do with transport.
We are starting at Harris Dam Picnic Area and hiking about 5km to the first hut (Harris Dam Campsite) tomorrow afternoon. Then about 13km to Youdamung Campsite. Sunday will be our longest trek as we should be walking about 18km to Possum Springs Campsite. Monday we then walk out to the road 8km away to get picked up.
Keeta is going to be doggy sat for the whole 4 days which will be good to see if she gets along with the sitters and their little dog. I will try to keep a diary of the hike so I can type it up and add to my blog.
Tomorrow is going to be a very early start for me. I need to get up and head down to Mornington (Near Harvey) as I have been booked to do some work till noon. I think I will be doing High Ropes. Ill then head home, pick up the hired backpacks, take Keeta over to be doggy sat and then get myself ready for the kids to arrive at about 4.30pm. I am hoping that we can get away nice and early so that we have plenty of time to get to the hut before the sun goes down. Nothing worse then rushing and trying to cook dinner in the dark – well I can think of things worse but its not very pleasant anyways.
I was planning to maybe do something special tonight but I am just to tired and there is way to much to be done. I may celebrate once I have settled into a routine next week or something.
Ok – I'm off to bed now – Need to get a good 6 hours before I start tomorrow!
Tomorrow IS the NEW day!

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck... I look forward to reading about your travels

    ReplyDelete